Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March

Today's a good day. I've never really liked January or February. They suck. It's cold out and I get SAD from not having enough sunlight (SAD = Seasonal Affective Disorder, but also having it does make me sad). Combine that with a relentless month and a half of recruiting and I got stuck in one really deep rut.

But that's finished now that it's March. Or at least I’m going to make sure I dig myself out. They say in Virginia that March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb but I've never really thought about it like. Everything gets better:
  • Baseball is back (college and spring training)
  • NCAA Basketball Tournaments start up
  • I can wear sandals again
  • The outdoor areas at bars open up
  • Exercising outside instead of in the gym
Now add to that two weeks of Spring Break in Brazil (cha-ching!) and I’m feeling pretty damn good about this month. I’m a little disappointed in myself for being so worthless lately and I’m hoping to gain some momentum in March. It’s hard to believe I’m looking at a little more than two months left in my first year here so I’m hoping to enjoy it and not just survive it.


If you would like to contact the author, he can be reached at david.a.miller4@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. don't act like cold weather ever prevented you from wearing sandals or drinking outside.

    Also, the baseball season is way too long so who cares that spring training is starting up in March.

    ReplyDelete